Taskrouter with external numbers

maxmito
maxmito ✭✭✭
edited May 24 in Voice

Hello!
I have a request to build a call queue where the workers are all having a non Twilio numbers (5 agents). I'm just wondering if and how with Taskrouter I can manages such external queue. I found few Twilio blog post around this topic but I still have some doubts.
Did anyone build something similar? any hint?
Thanks

Max

Best Answer

• pnash
    pnash mod
    Accepted Answer

Dequeue is the correct thing here. And yes, if the worker rejects the call, the reservation will be rejected and the task will be offered to another worker.

Answers

• Hey @maxmito, when you say your workers all have non-Twilio numbers, are you still receiving your incoming calls using a Twilio number? And you then want to distribute the calls that come into your Twilio number to your agents' phones?

• maxmito
    maxmito ✭✭✭

Correct, after playing around, I made it working using an assignment callback with Dequeue instruction, and specifying the worker phone number in the contact_uri parameter in worker attributes
    Conference or Call instruction didn't work (or probably I'm missing something) any idea?
    Is the Dequeue instruction he correct one? I hope if the workers is busy or reject the call the task will be move to the other available worker
    Any suggestion?
    Thanks @pnash !

If this is an emergency, please contact Twilio Support. This is not an official Support channel. https://support.twilio.com/
Have an urgent question?
Please contact Twilio Support. This is not an official Support channel.
Contact Support