Externally interacting with autopilot bots
I'm trying to determine how to handle a scenario where a field validation may take an excessive amount of time (up to 30 seconds).
Autopilot only seems to allow about 5 seconds max of stalling if using an "actionUrl" to serve the response.
The Dialogue resource (documented here) appears to be what represents the current active conversation, but it appears there are no ways to modify an active execution.
I could do something like constantly re-direct to an input task, but that still relies on the customer to initiate the process.
imagine this scenario:
- customer: hello, tell me about my order number 123
- autopilot: great! I'll look that up right away. Please wait a moment as this may take up to 30 seconds.
So, because I'm unable to hold the connection open, I need a way to kick off the next step externally. Is this possible?
- 81 All Categories
- 18 SIGNAL 2021
- 252 Product Discussions
- 11 Community - Announcements
- 2 Changelog
- 4 Forum UI Updates
- 7 Welcome Guide
- 6 Community - Events
- 1 Gift of Code
- 2 Twilio Relay Developer Conference 2021 Mega Thread
- 1 External Community Events
- 25 Inspiration
- 13 Community - Other Discussions
- 1 Community- Twilio Startups