Please excuse our look. We're just getting started here.

Want to learn more about Twilio Forums? Check out our FAQ page here.

Is it possible to send bulk messages in WhatsApp business API?

Hey guys! A client of mine is planning to build a CRM tool and they are planning to use WhatsApp business API to communicate with the partners. They need the following features to be done through the API.

• A bot for the customers to check their account details (Eg: balance)
  • Broadcast messages to supplier groups
  • Send invoices in batches

Is it possible to do all these with the WhatsApp business API?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• pnash
    pnash mod
    Accepted Answer

Hey @Suvink, I just came across your question and think I might have some answers for you.

A bot for the customers to check their account details (Eg: balance)

You can definitely create a bot using the Twilio API for WhatsApp. Here's an example of a bot built in Python, but you can build your bots any way you like as long as you can respond to the Twilio webhook from an incoming message.

Broadcast messages to supplier groups
    Send invoices in batches

There is no broadcast API for WhatsApp via Twilio. In order to send multiple messages you will need to make one API request per message.

If these messages are sent outside of a 24 hour conversation window (which I assume broadcast or notification messages like this are) then you will need to send them as template messages. This means that you need to create and register the template beforehand. It also means that, in the case of the invoices, you can send a link with the message, but not a media attachment.

Does that help answer your questions?

Answers