Please excuse our look. We're just getting started here.

Want to learn more about Twilio Forums? Check out our FAQ page here.

New Tutorial! Super SIM, Raspberry Pi 4 and the new Sixfab 3G-4G/LTE Base Hat

tsmith
tsmith mod
edited October 12 in Twilio Community

Just over a year ago, I posted a Getting Started with Super SIM walkthrough that was built around the Raspberry Pi 4 and the Sixfab Cellular IoT Hat. Hats are add-on board for the Raspberry Pi — the Pi equivalent of Arduino Shields.

The Cellular IoT Hat, which featured an on-board Quectel BG96 module, was quite a popular one if visitors to the tutorial were anything to go by. Popular or not, Berlin-based Sixfab decided to EOL the Cellular IoT Hat late last year. It quite literally became ‘old hat’. I switched over to an equivalent board from Waveshare.

But now Sixfab is back. It recently introduced the old Hat’s replacement: the Base Hat. This new board is smarter because lacks its own modem. Instead you slot any one you fancy into the Hat’s Mini-PCIe slot. It also has some refinements: it doesn’t need manually powering up, for example.

I got one a little while back, and the first fruit is now ripe on the vine: a new Super SIM and Raspberry Pi tutorial which makes use of a Tellit ME910CE-WW LTE Cat-M1 modem. You can check it out over in the Twilio docs. I’ll be working some of the others into versions that make use of this new Hat too.

If this is an emergency, please contact Twilio Support. This is not an official Support channel. https://support.twilio.com/
Have an urgent question?
Please contact Twilio Support. This is not an official Support channel.
Contact Support