Please excuse our look. We're just getting started here.

Want to learn more about Twilio Forums? Check out our FAQ page here.

Origination timeout

I can't get inbound calls, I paid for my number.

I am disabled so I don't know the right words to say, please help me through this.

I have a pfsense firewall/router server, I am using FreePBX server.

I have tried everything and it still broken

Here are some errors I found in the logs:

Warning - 32011

2021-11-03 10:34:24 UTC

Request

URL

Parameters

Show Raw

Message Text

Show Raw

Msg"Request timeout with sip:+1(removed)@ipaddress:5060"ErrorCode"32011,Error communicating with SIP destination"LogLevel"WARNING"

Response

Headers

Body

No body.

Comments

• Hi @Tiggerpaws , Welcome to the community! Let me see if I can get you some help.

@bdelvalle or @pnash can you help guide here?

• Hi @Tiggerpaws, I would like to be able to help, but I am not very experienced with SIP or PBXes.

One thing that might help is the error page for error 32011. It suggests some things that might go wrong and has pointers for where to look in the documentation next.

Does that help at all?

• Thank you pnash for your reply.

The page says:

• Your SIP endpoint is not reachable due to network connectivity issue between Twilio and your system
    • Your SIP endpoint is not responding (service down or maintenance)
    • There is a firewall in your network that is blocking SIP traffic from Twilio
    • Your SIP endpoint is sending an error response, such as SIP 500 response.
    • The SIP URI specified in your Trunking Origination URI, TwiML or REST API call is invalid

But I don't understand what to do, it tells me the problem but I do not know the answer to the problem, just that "something is wrong" , but without the solution, please forgive me.

• Update: I had to use a username in twilio's credentials that had just all letters, no ats or dots, ie my email address as the username, for some reason that was causing the pbx server to choke, also had to use a port number in the sip uri to specify which port to go in on.

Thank you all who replied, very very much for guiding me in the right direction.

• Glad you worked out what was going on here!

If this is an emergency, please contact Twilio Support. This is not an official Support channel. https://support.twilio.com/
Have an urgent question?
Please contact Twilio Support. This is not an official Support channel.
Contact Support