Please excuse our look. We're just getting started here.

Want to learn more about Twilio Forums? Check out our FAQ page here.

30 seconds is not enough. Need 4 hours on incoming calls

Should I just give up? I'm frustrated now. I just don't know what to do. I can't do all that code stuff, so am I done for? I am just looking for a way to set the call incoming time to 4 hours instead of 30 seconds, if this requires learning a whole college level of code, then I can't do it. Please, I really need help and twilios docs are too hard for me to understand.

Comments

• Please forgive me, but I need them to specify parameters. How do I do this? Where do I put it in? What do I click on? do I just copy and paste it into a terminal?

The edge parameter

To specify the geographic edge from which Twilio will send the originating SIP traffic towards your communication infrastructure, you must include the edge parameter in your Origination SIP URI. For example, if the edge=dublin parameter is included in your Origination SIP URI, Twilio will send the SIP traffic from the Europe Ireland edge location:

If the edge parameter is not specified, Twilio will send the Originating SIP traffic from the edge location where the incoming PSTN call comes in.

Note: You must make sure you allow the IP addresses of the Twilio edge location for SIP signalling and RTP media traffic.

• Should I give up? I can't code.

Write web application code to tell Twilio how to handle the incoming call using TwiML

I cannot do that. I guess I'm stuck with 30 second incoming calls? Please show me how wrong I am. I need to know where to click, what to put in and where to put it.

To start answering phone calls, you must:

• Buy and configure a Twilio-powered phone number capable of making and receiving phone calls, and point it at your web application
    • Write web application code to tell Twilio how to handle the incoming call using TwiML
    • Make your web application accessible on the Internet so Twilio can send you a webhook request when you receive a call

• Maybe programmable voice is just too hard, is there an easy way to do it?

• Thank you very much @Jdonaldson for your PM! It worked to put the external IP in detect network settings and restart asterisk! THANK YOU!!

• Glad you worked out what was going on here TiggerPaws!!

If this is an emergency, please contact Twilio Support. This is not an official Support channel. https://support.twilio.com/
Have an urgent question?
Please contact Twilio Support. This is not an official Support channel.
Contact Support