Twilio WebRTC Go, How Does it Work?

Wow, have we spent a lot of time on video calls over the last 18 months. So many of those face-to-face interactions we would normally have had have been on screen instead. Video communications have let us stay connected with friends and family, collaborate at work, and access critical services like virtual visits with your doctor.

Even though things have opened up again, people and businesses have adjusted to communicating over video, so how can you and your business or application take advantage of this?

At Twilio we believe that the best experiences are built, not bought. When it comes to Video, you don't want to kick your customers out to a third party platform or make them download an app in order to talk to you. Building this is a key part to control your users' experience.

If you want to build a video application you'll come across WebRTC as the standard for building real-time communication applications on web, iOS and Android. In the talk, we covered what WebRTC gives you and what you have to add yourself. We also covered all the things that Twilio WebRTC Go gives you, for free! Things like the JavaScript, iOS and Android SDKs, global infrastructure that you don't have to worry about, and logging and analysis for your video rooms.

We also built a quick demo to show how Twilio WebRTC Go works. You can access the code for the demo, and run it yourself, here: https://github.com/philnash/signal-twilio-video-webrtc-go-demo

Finally, there was a little announcement that WebRTC Go's free limits have been increased! You can now have up to 500 concurrent participants and unlimited TURN data. So you can build even more popular, and still free, Video applications.

Let me know what you want to build with Twilio WebRTC Go. I know I have some ideas I'm waiting for some free time to get stuck into.

Tagged:
If this is an emergency, please contact Twilio Support. This is not an official Support channel. https://support.twilio.com/
Have an urgent question?
Please contact Twilio Support. This is not an official Support channel.
Contact Support