If busy, transfer call to another number

Hi, I'm using Twilio Studio with TwiML to transfer an inbound call.

If this transferred call is 'busy', I'd like to forward it to a second phone number.

How can I go about this in Twilio Studio?

Many thanks!

Nathan

Tagged:

Answers

• Hi there,

Here is one method that can be used to check if the outgoing call was answered or not:

- From Connect Call To (e.g. connect_call_1), transition both Call Completed and Hangup to Split Based On.

- In Split Based On test {{widgets.connect_call_1.DialCallStatus}}​.

- Add a condition if the variable equals "completed", transition to a Say/Play with no message. (This is to work around a bug in Studio that requires a widget for "completed".)

- If No Condition Matches, transition to a new Connect Call widget.

• @theadaloguy This might help too!

Queueing sounds like another great solution, instead of simply connecting the user you queue them and then they can be pulled by either number. I suppose at the timeout of the queue you could return to your twiml or send them to a voicemail, however this needs to be handled by the business unit. tons of good external forum posts for queueing with twiml.

The <Dial> twiml has an action which has a subresource DialCallStatus which has information whether this was connected.

I hope this helps! ✨

If this is an emergency, please contact Twilio Support. This is not an official Support channel. https://support.twilio.com/
Have an urgent question?
Please contact Twilio Support. This is not an official Support channel.
Contact Support