Can I ask to the client, in a certain callflow to enter parameterA or B of different length?

pisa
pisa
edited February 23 in Voice

Hi all,

I ask in a certain callflow, at a certain point to the client to enter his 10 digit identification number or his 12 digit identificiation number. (And finsh by # key). These are two different number and the client has the one or the other or in same cases the two. Is it possible to catch that in 1 single phrase. And then perform a check on the length of it to determine which of the two he had entered.

What should the code be? ("numdigits - wise)?

Tagged:

Answers

• hi @pisa , thank you for reaching out via forums! If in the flow of your calls, there is a conversation and only after some information you need to collect the digits of your customer, you will have to update the call in real-time, and then use the verb <Gather> for this collection.

If this is the start of a flow in an incoming call, only the <Gather> setting is required. And with the use of the verb <Gather>, you can specify the number of digits you want to receive with the numDigits attribute.

Please let me know if the above helps. 

If this is an emergency, please contact Twilio Support. This is not an official Support channel. https://support.twilio.com/
Have an urgent question?
Please contact Twilio Support. This is not an official Support channel.
Contact Support