AMD detection and bridging the call to client ( client: Identity) only when call is answered.

Hi,

I have a use case where system will place a call in the background, and if the call is answered by the called party only then bridge that call to Agent (client: identity), if AMD is detected system should drop the Voicemail and call should not be bridged to Agent.

Also I need to use conference call here instead of direct call, because to enable call Hold/Resume feature.

Here is my code

-------------------------

var dial = response.dial();

dial.conference({

beep: true,

startConferenceOnEnter: true,

endConferenceOnExit: true,

}, roomName);

let newPowerDialCall = await twilio_client.calls.create({

to: dialTo,

twiml: response.toString(),

machineDetection: 'DetectMessageEnd',

machineDetectionSpeechThreshold: 2400,

machineDetectionSilenceTimeout: 2000,

asyncAmd: true,

machineDetectionTimeout: 30,

});

-----------------------

On the other end if AMD response is Human, i ll add agent to conference so to bridge the call.

twilio_client.conferences(ConferenceSid).

participants.create({

to: "client:identity"

});

--------------

But the issue here is, if answered by the Called party, it is taking about 5-8 seconds to bridge the call since I am using conference.

But, instead to bridge the call to agent quickly if I use TwilML as

dial.client()

The call will try to bridge to an agent for voicemail drop, even when the called party is not answered, this should not happen in my case.

An best solution is appreciated.

Tagged:

Comments

• HI @noelneethanr , Twilio community manager here, I'd be happy to help you find a solution. Your best bet is to head over to the Twilio Collectives on Stack Overflow and ask your question there. There is a community of 1000 members that can help you! If you can't find help there I would head over to our Twilio Support page for further assistance.

For your knowledge, Twilio Forums will be transitioning to Twilio Collectives and we will no longer be answering questions here. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns about this transition.

If this is an emergency, please contact Twilio Support. This is not an official Support channel. https://support.twilio.com/
Have an urgent question?
Please contact Twilio Support. This is not an official Support channel.
Contact Support