Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Frequently Asked Questions
Answering any questions Twilio Developers may have about Forums
Hello and thank you Twilio Developer for using the Twilio Forums and we hope you will find an answer to your questions here. This Forum is public and available to all developers, however, it is a work in progress as we are still shaping your community experience. This allows us to seed the Forum with relevant content, collaborate directly with you, and work out any issues so as the community grows there will always be more to see and do here.
What is Forums?
- Twilio Forums provides a space to gather, discuss, and troubleshoot. Provides online space for social discussion
- A place where anyone trying to build with Twilio can gather to discuss topics of shared interest, experience, and ideas to help one another learn, grow, and successfully build within the Twilio ecosystem. In other words, welcome to the Twilio club.
How can I use it?
Head over to our Twilio Forums website here. You will have the option to register a new account or sign in.
Twilio Forums is also located in the Homepage dropdown menu. Please see the image below.
The Twilio Forum consists of 4 different subcommunities. Twilio Community and TwilioQuest are open to everyone. Additionally, Twilio Developers may also have access to Twilio Champions and Twilio Insiders if passed the application process. Check them out below.
First, it is required that you read through the basic Code of Conduct and Guidelines so that we are all on the same page on the dos and don’ts of the Community Forum. We are here to help create a safe space for you. This Forum is here to serve all Twilio developers and in return, you rely on and put your trust in us to provide a safe space for all. By reviewing these documents you are taking the first step in allowing us to do so.
We want to hear from you! Once within your respective group please introduce yourself in #introductions. We are eager to connect with our Developer Community! Introductions allow us to get a better idea of who you are and what you’re building so that we can build a better experience for you.
Once finished, begin perusing through the announcements, categories and discussions.
1. Announcements contain information about the Forums general rules and guidelines.
2. Categories list all the different topics discussed within the Twilio Community.
3. Discussions list all the discussion topics throughout the Twilio Community.
Have a certain topic you’re looking to discuss? You can use the “Quick Links” section on the right-hand side of the page to navigate there. You can find anything from Community Announcements, Product Discussions, to Technical Help.
I looked through the developer docs but couldn’t find an answer to my question, can I post it to the Forum?
- Yes, one of the goals of the Forum is to provide a way for developers to find answers to questions that may not be covered in the developer documentation or may be hard to find while also creating opportunities for members of the community to connect with others who have stumbled upon the same issues or previously found unique solutions to the same problem!
How do I structure my question?
- "Wear the customer’s shoes" we always say! And in this case, you're talking to your industry and professional peers. The title should briefly describe the topic and the details of the question should be in the body. Include relevant code snippets when appropriate and be sure to obscure any sensitive account data. Examples from the Product Discussions section
What type of content is acceptable for the Forums?
- Twilio announcements.
- General Twilio Discussion and Twilio products discussion.
- Technical help - troubleshooting questions and answers.
- Applications you’ve built with Twilio.
- Twilio Community happenings and Twilio events.
- Signal Conference happenings and conversations around the Signal Conference.
- We also want to learn more about you and your experience as a Twilio developer. Please share information you think will help us enhance the Twilio Community experience.
Who will be monitoring the Forum?
- Shivani Brijmohan is the Community Manager. She is responsible for creating moderation programs that enable member-to-member interaction, empowering Community moderators, and, finally, moderation programs for Twilions to engage regularly.
- If you are really excited about the Forum and want to reach out to share more in-depth feedback feel free to reach out to Shivani on the Forum and send her a message.
Can I use Forums in X, Y, Z language?
- Vanilla has a compatible plugin Multilingual that allows the use of multiple languages. Users can select their preferred language via a link in the footer, and administrators may embed their Forum in different languages in different places. Check out the documentation here.
- Beware that the Multilingual plugin only translates native Forum content and NOT user-generated content. This is a major caveat and in the future, we will consider creating subcommunities for the different languages but right now we are focused on building the best experience starting with English as the most supported language. We're committed to being intentional about what we do on Forums and realistically we do not have the support or resources to manage these subcommunities at this time.
When will forums be GA?
- Twilio Forums are in beta as we collaboratively work to build this space with our community in mind first and foremost. There is only one North America-based full-time Community Manager dedicated to Forums now, so thank you in advance for your patience and support.
How do I provide feedback about Forums to Twilio?
- We would love to hear more about what you think of the Forum experience so far. Feedback is imperative in these beginning stages! Help us grow our Forum experience by creating a discussion in other discussions or messaging Shivani directly.
- 58 All Categories
- 13 Community - Events
- 12 Twilio Relay Developer Conference 2021 Mega Thread
- 1 TwilioQuest Contest!
- 4 Community - Announcements
- 39 Community - Product Discussions
- 1 Functions
- 3 Studio
- 1 Autopilot
- Twilio CLI
- 2 Conversations
- Super SIM
- Elastic SIP Trunking
- 2 WhatsApp API
- 2 Twilio Flex
- 1 SMS
- 4 Voice
- 23 Video & WebRTC
- Community- Twilio Startups
- 2 Community - Other Discussions